marriage license


Las Vegas Marriage License Info

Getting a marriage license in las vegas is so easy

Getting married in Las Vegas is easy and inexpensive.  This is the biggest reason couples from all around the world come here.  There is no blood test or waiting period required.  Whether you live in the US or another country, the requirements to get married are the same. You can apply for the marriage license online, but please read all of this information first. 

 1) You must apply for the Marriage License in Las Vegas BEFORE you get married. The license tells us you have permission from the state of Nevada to get married. Basically, they want to make sure you are not currently married to someone else (if you’re divorced they will ask you the location and date of your most recent divorce) and that you both are not related to each other closer than 2nd Cousins (they will ask for your parents names and places of birth). 

 2) In order to get married in Nevada, you must get a marriage license in Nevada. Licenses from your home state are not valid to get married in Nevada. If you live in Nevada, but in another county like Washoe or Nye, you may bring a marriage license from your county as long as it is also in Nevada. 

 3) The cost of the license is $77. It’s best to bring cash, as they charge a fee to pay with a debit or credit card. 

4) You must both be 18 years old or older. 

 5) You must both appear at the Las Vegas Marriage Bureau together to pick up the license. They are located at 201 E Clark Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101. They are open every single day of the year from 8:00 AM to Midnight (including Sundays and Holidays!) 

 6) You will both have to show photo ID in order to pick up the license. Acceptable forms of ID are: 

 • Driver’s License 

 • Driver’s Instruction Permit 

 • ID Card issued by U. S. state or territory 

 • Foreign government issued ID Card, including Driver’s License (must include birth date) 

 • Passport 

 • Matricula Consular Card 

 • Military ID Card issued by branch of U. S. Armed Forces 

 • Military Dependent ID Card issued by branch of U. S. Armed Forces 

 • Certificate of Citizenship issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 

 • Certificate of Naturalization issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 

 • Permanent Resident Card issued by U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 

 • Voter Identification Card (must contain picture and birth date) 

 To get started, click this link to apply online. Then when you arrive in Las Vegas, you go to the Marriage Bureau and pick it up. Once you receive your license, make sure you bring it with you when we perform your wedding ceremony. We can not perform a legal wedding ceremony in Nevada without the license. Renewals and fun commitment ceremonies do not require a license. If you have any further questions, feel free to Contact Us.

Apply Here